cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VENTURA 21-prop selection for Opti200hp

Bigwylie
Guest Contributor

Hello BW community,

I recently bought a 2001 Ventura21. I absolutly love the boat. My Rationale was to own the largest towable DC whaler under 5000lbs( my truck max tow). I have many years boating experience with outboards and I don't feel the 15x 15p PowerTech 3 blade ele prop it came with is the right prop?

2001 Ventura 21  AHI'II2001 Ventura 21 AHI'II

I get 'overspin' on any high speed turning and this should not really happen.  I know there are so many factors to consider. Loaded weight, Amount of Gas on board...etc. I typically have under 6 people, and 40-50 Gal on board( lake use- No risk of running out of fuel)

There are so many options when looking up Props.  I thought maybe some other Ventura owners may have any feedback/experience selecting a prop?  I am leaning to moving up a prop size to a 15' x 18/19 P? Any opinions are appreciated? Top end and cruising are more important to me than Hole Shot.  We do like to water ski/wake/tow as well.

Is there any Factory Prop information on the delivery of the 2001-2008 merc OPTI 200 XL standard on this model?

0 REPLIES 0