cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New gas tank????

JBL
Guest Contributor

I am in need of a new gas tank for my 1985, 20' Outrage... Anyone else done this?? Got mine out, just need to get a new one. 

Thanks for any help!! 

Jim

4 REPLIES 4

BostonWhaler
Team Whaler
Team Whaler

Hi @JBL we suggest you contact Florida Marine Tank and ask for BW63 (63-gallon fuel tank)

JBL
Guest Contributor

Thank you.. I have contacted them and waiting on their reply... 

rgh
Guest Contributor

I don't have any helpful thoughts to add, but I have a 1989 Outrage 18 - have had no problem with gas tank leakage, but wondering if you did, or did you see replacement as necessary just because of age of boat.

JBL
Guest Contributor

Both... i found that BW recomends you replace the belly tank every 20 years.. 

Mine, made of alum. had pin holes all in the under side.. a pressure test with belly full of water showed bubbles.. and then when we got it out, it was like bird shot all to the bottom of the tank. I hope to have a new, plastic tank soon... but if it lasts 20 more years.. it will be someone else's  problem. 🙂 I was getting water in my gas at an alarming rate.. had to be this after several attempts to hope it was something else. the wood over the tank and under the flooring was rotten as well. still working on that final fix.. I have a customer in Greenville SC that makes fiberglass board material.. and i hope I can get a solid slab of it cut to size and shape to eliminate future rot from wood.