cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Whaler Ventura 210 after 21yrs - Incredibly functional

Quikkix
Guest Contributor

After another great weekend on our Whaler Ventura 210, I found myself thinking this boat has been, and continues to be incredibly functional.

A little about this boat. I bought it new in 2001 as a resident of Atlantic Beach, FL (Jacksonville). This boat has been trailered to the Keys many times over the years, as well as the fresh waters of Lake Burton in the Georgia mountains for fantastic adventures. Our tow vehicles over the years include Lexus 450 and 470, Ford Explorer Sport, Porsche Cayenne. In 2018, we trailered to Jupiter, FL and ran this Ventura across to West End, Bahamas for a fuel top off (90 gallon tank) before continuing on to Elbow Cay in the Abacos for nine days... not bad for an 18yr old 21' boat with the original 200 Mercury Optimax, 2 stroke!

About the boat... We chose the full canvas package including weather curtains, bow, and cabin covers... we've used it all and after 21 years it is still original, retaining it's original navy blue color.  The Bimini top is great for when you want shade, but you can also retract it for more sunshine. The weather curtain plastic windows are still clear but have shrunk over time, which made it tough to fit them, but thanks to EZ-Xtend boat zippers, all fits easily! (highly recommend). We have the fishing package... rod holders, live well, fish box... which has resulted in many great memories and meals! We have the ski pylon which provided many years of tubing fun for the kiddos, and it now tows young adults on surf/wake boards... even two at a time... including this 58yr old Captain. We have a 20 gallon fresh water shower (must have for the saltwater fun), as well as a raw water wash down. In terms of comfort, the port side back to back seat, when flat, connects to the transom bench to give us plenty of room. Up front the center bow cushion combines with the side seat cushions for a nice place to relax... especially for the kiddos and pets. In terms of storage, we do have the optional toilet with pump out but we have never used it. Removing it creates more than ample storage in the port side console, for a 21' boat. Starboard side console is where we store canvas, life jackets, and other safety equipment... with room to spare if needed.

This boat is rated for 10 people which we have done many times... including adult cruises down the intracoastal waterway for dinner... plenty of power and room.

A couple additions we made over the years... swapped the original white, soft, sport wheel for a stainless wheel on day one (great choice). We added a grab handle to help with boarding from the transom ladder (especially when scuba diving). We also added additional rod holders to the ski pylon.

In terms of maintenance/wear and tear... Annual services on the motor. New fuel rails after 17 years. Replaced Air Compressor failure at 18 years. New lower unit after gear failure at 19 years. New paint and graphics for the motor cowling. Gauges restored by gaugesaver.com. The interior vinyl is original and in decent shape but due for new foam and a refresh this fall with an OEM provider of factory original material and debossed logos. I'd say thats a pretty good run!

All in all, this dual console Whaler has been GREAT for fishing, diving, snorkeling, cruising, tubing, skurfing, hanging at the sandbars, and watching sunsets.

IMG_0228.JPGIMG_0411.JPGIMG_0430.JPGIMG_0434.JPGIMG_4077.jpgIMG_9243.jpgIMG_9298.jpgIMG_9299.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

megwards
Community Admin
Community Admin

Looks awesome!!

I am a Brunswick employee.

Bigwylie
Guest Contributor

Wow! It’s great to hear other Ventura stories. It sounds like you have created a ‘lifestyle’ on your Ventura. I picked my 2001 21 up in Sept 2021. ( after 34 years w a 16ss)

We’re just getting started but ours is config exactly the same. I would love to ask some questions about operational items on board? The Ventura owners are far smaller than the Montauk owners groups. 

If you ever get a chance, feel free to dm through the FB East coast Ventura Owners group.

Enjoy more Great stories/memories on your ‘perfect’ cruise machine.

Capt Dan.

Quikkix
Guest Contributor

Search for FB East Coast Ventura Owners group doesn't show up.  I see a Boston Whaler Ventura Owners group.