cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite spots in the FL Keys?

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

We're headed down to Marathon in June and staying on the water near Sombrero Beach, with most days spent fishing. What are your favorite on-water restaurants, things to do, places to boat, etc. in the area? We haven't been down that way with the boat in quite a few years. Thanks in advance!

kfreeburn_0-1651685262558.png

I am a Brunswick employee.
4 REPLIES 4

Quikkix
Guest Contributor

Hope it was a good trip.  I didn't find this forum until recently.  Been to Marathon for more than 20 years.  Headed down this week again!  Cheers.

Did you find any new spots? We spent most of our week around the Sombrero Reef catching grouper.

Quikkix
Guest Contributor

After hearing about weeks and weeks of wind and rough water, we arrived and had 1-2mph wind and flat/glassy water for the entire week.  Lots of spearing around the reefs as well as mangrove and yellowtail snapper on a few spots we always fish.  It was a beautiful, flat water run out to 750' where we caught Mahi on a decent weedline.  Looe Key, Sombrero, and Coffin's Patch were beautiful.  Caught some fish off the reefs near Coffin's Patch too.  Visibility was fantastic, and the sunsets every night were over the top.   Great week!  IMG_0030.JPG

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

That's great! So glad you enjoyed the trip.