cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey everyone, I have a 2017 Sundancer...

31for2
Guest Contributor

Hey everyone, I have a 2017 Sundancer 280 SLX and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to pull the TV away from the wall so that I can easily access the rear ports (to install a Roku). The TV is the Jensen JE1914DVDC. I can't seem to get any adjustment out of it and I don't want to force it.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

There were not any online images showing a TV on that boat, so my speculation is that was added after the fact.

Why not post an image showing the installation / issue?

31for2
Guest Contributor
Bottom view

31for2
Guest Contributor
Top view

31for2
Guest Contributor
I just figured it. The two small Phillips screws on the bottom are what hold it to the mounting bracket. They are difficult to get to, and you need a very long screwdriver to reach them. Thanks anyway!

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes, correct, thanks for the images.

Note that those tall skinny hex spacers are not typical for the installation.

Usually the rear bracket is spaced away from the TV rear surface using cylindrical spacers of the appropriate thickness, retained by screws of the appropriate diameter and length.

The usage of those hex spacers is not as strong as the typical cylindrical barrel spacers and screws.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The cored hull method I used is shown in page 48/54 of the linked West System manual. Note, this is an excellent reference document.

https://www.westsystem.com/wp-content/uploads/Fiberglass-Manual-2015.pdf

wingless
Rising Contributor
Oops, wrong topic...

BrianTTU
Guest Contributor
Im also interested in this topic. I'm hoping the 2017 and the 2008's are similiar...

31for2
Guest Contributor
@Brian Dickey see my earlier comment. You have to remove the two Phillips screws on the bottom bracket, then the tv lifts up and out

BrianTTU
Guest Contributor
In my 2008 the TV has a surround. I had to remove 2 plastic buttons at the top and bottom which revealed screws. Once the surround could be removed (had to remove caulking too), I was able to then see 6 screws that hold a wooden plate which the TV itself was attached to. See pictures. There were 4 bolts into the back of the TV (image provided).

I'm replacing the TV with a 32inch, but it won't fit in the same compartment, I'll have to extend the TV out 3-4 more inches in order to install the TV just outside the cabinet. I hope someone finds this helpful!