cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a wiring diagram...

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor

I am looking for a wiring diagram for my 1994 440 Sundancer.  Any one know where to find one?

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
It will probably need to come from Searay. What do they say when this document is requested?

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
Try this link. You should be able to input your information and get access to the owner manual for your model boat. Download the pdf of your manual and keep it for future access. I try to keep all of my manuals on my iPad for easy access and to save room that paper manuals take up.

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
http://global.searay.com/page.aspx/pageid/163674/Owners-Resources.aspx

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor
I have a contact into SeaRay and he sent me some info but all it contained was harness drawings and I have gone back asking for a wireing schematic. My luck to get things from them is not good. Not his fault. It just seems SeaRay records management is poor and they just do not exist any more. I have my owners manual but it does not have it. Also I would not trust it because it is only about 20% correct for my boat. The inaccuracies are crazy, even bad dimensions for boat.

fwebster
Guest Contributor
Back 20 years ago, the ability to change documents and incorporate the changes into a manual was not nearly as simple as it is today. That means, owners manuals were sort of generic for a model class. Sea Ray did publish wiring schematics for the boats, however.

Try this: Go to your local dealer and ask to see his copy of the "1994 Dealer Service Manual" covering the 440DA. If the dealer can find it, that manual should have a real schematic in it.

Also, this manual was not published for the general public and is not in Sea Rays's knowledge base, so a Sea Ray dealer is going to be your only resource for it.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The wiring diagram included w/ my 2000 380DA is a great starting point, but there are many differences between that document and the wiring Sea Ray installed on my boat.

When I work on systems I create an accurate diagram for the wiring installed by Sea Ray and for the new wiring that I add to the boat.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here's an example of updated Sea Ray wiring diagrams w/ my new wiring added.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/wingless-pics/Boat/StereoWiringR9.jpg