cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello AllI have a 2000 380 Sundancer...

Wailea
Guest Contributor

Hello All

I have a 2000 380 Sundancer that needs a new salon 7k btu ac/heat pump.  Has anyone had success finding the correct replacement model to fit in the tight location of the original. 

12 REPLIES 12

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Has the issue been properly analyzed to determine that a normal repair cannot restore normal operation?

wingless
Rising Contributor
What diagnostics have already been performed? What faults exist?

Wailea
Guest Contributor
Thanks for responding.
We purchased the boat late in the season 2020. The broker whom I have come to know let me know the previous owners had the system repaired but not sure of exactly what took place only that it stopped working again shortly after.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The system is very straightforward to analyze.

Each system on my 2000 380DA has been repaired by me and both are going strong.

There are many steps that should happen prior to swapping the system based on reported third hand diagnostics.

Wailea
Guest Contributor
Understood thank you. Is the first step to fly you to Wisconsin : )

Wailea
Guest Contributor
Where would I start. Is there some information available to guide the diagnostic process.

wingless
Rising Contributor
I don't know the diagnostic process for having me return to the "Eat Cheese or Die State".

For the A/C, what are the symptoms?

Wailea
Guest Contributor
You will be happy to know we altered the Moto a bit. To we are all going to die at some point let’s eat cheese.

The only thing I know about it is it does not generate cool/cold air. Not much of a starting point I know

wingless
Rising Contributor
Boat will probably be splashed in a month.

Do an analysis at that time to get past the "understand it's broken" point.

Wailea
Guest Contributor
Understood and I don’t want to bore everyone with my ignorance but aside from turning it on lowering the temp and having no cold air come out I honestly am not sure what the step to analyze is

wingless
Rising Contributor
The Cruiseair SMXII heat pump systems installed on this boat include integrated diagnostics that utilize the two-digit seven segment control pad display to assist in the problem diagnosis. A problematic unit will display a two character fault code like LO or HI that help to understand the issue.

Additionally, the act of turning on one heat pump, then additionally turning on the second system, while monitoring the raw water pump will aid in diagnosing the trigger modules. Both of mine have failed during my long term ownership.

The keypad modules fail, requiring replacement. Both of mine have been swapped during my long term ownership.

Your being boring is a problem that I am unable to provide assistance in correcting.

Wailea
Guest Contributor
Actually on a flight to FL as I type this figured I would bring the problem to you….
So when the boat is launched perhaps I can have you walk me through those steps?

Mike Just
Vice President Of Construction
ACT Construction
Main Office: #972-436-1144
Direct: #262-417-1402
Cell: #262-417-1402
Fax: # 972-436-0102
Texas Office: Wisconsin Office
350 McDonnell Street 10009 Northwestern Ave.
Lewisville, TX 75057 Franksville, WI 53126
[email protected]
www.actconstruction.com<>
[ACT Logo]
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.