Get factory-backed coverage with Mercury Product Protection extended service
No other marine engine manufacturer can offer the extraordinary performance of a Mercury Racing product and have the confidence to back it with a three-year limited warranty. New owners of select Mercury Racing products can extend that coverage for up to five additional years with Mercury Product Protection, a factory-backed extended service contract that covers certain expenses caused by defects in materials and workmanship, after the Mercury Limited Warranty expires. Mercury Product Protection is an investment in peace of mind and is fully transferable, which can enhance the resale value of your performance boat.
These Mercury Racing products are eligible for Mercury Product Protection coverage:
60R 520 Bravo One
About Mercury Product Protection
- Provides up to eight years of total coverage. (Mercury Limited Warranty + Product Protection)
- This is a factory-backed extended service contract administered 100 percent by Mercury Marine. You’ll never have to hassle with third-party coverage.
- Covered repairs can be performed at any Mercury-certified Dealer in the U.S. and Canada who will use only genuine Mercury Precision Parts and Quicksilver Parts & Accessories that are specifically designed for your engine.
- Coverage is non-declining. The value of the coverage does not decrease over the life of the contract.
- Coverage is transferable to subsequent owners, which typically increases the resale value of your engine.
- Mercury Product Protection coverage must be purchased before your engine’s Mercury Limited Warranty expires. Once purchased, Mercury Product Protection coverage takes effect the day the Mercury Limited Warranty expires.
- The Mercury Limited Warranty and Mercury Product Protection do not apply to engines used in competition.
Mercury Product Protection is offered in two levels of coverage.
- Comprehensive component coverage (including labor) for mechanical failures caused by a defect in material or workmanship – similar to the Mercury Limited Warranty.
- Factory-authorized service is available at more than 3,600 Mercury dealers in the United States and Canada. You're not restricted to the dealer who sold you the plan.
- Genuine Factory Replacement Parts: 100 percent Mercury and Quicksilver® replacement parts. No “will fit” substitutes.
- On Water Tow-In Allowance provides up to $200 per claim occurrence toward the cost of on-water towing charges necessary to perform approved repairs to covered products.
- Transferable to a subsequent recreational-use purchaser within 30 business days from the date of sale. Engines not purchased directly from another recreational-use owner or from an Authorized Mercury or MotorGuide dealer are ineligible for coverage.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction: If you're not completely satisfied for any reason during the first 30 days, you may cancel your contract.
- All Gold Level coverage PLUS:
- Electrical Failures comprehensive coverage (including labor) for electrical failures caused by a defect in material or workmanship – similar to the Factory Limited Warranty.
- Mercury Accessory Coverage covers all Mercury and Quicksilver engine-related accessories such as steering fixtures, remote controls and miscellaneous instrumentation (except propellers).
- Hoist/Haul-Out Allowance provides up to $200 per claim occurrence to perform approved repairs to covered products on non-trailerable boats (26 feet in length or greater).
Pricing of Mercury Product Protection coverage is based on engine model and the length of the coverage contract. For more information, coverage details, or to receive a quote, go to Mercury Product Protection or see a Mercury Racing Authorized dealer. Run Wide Open with confidence backed by Mercury Product Protection coverage.