cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am considering adding the transom...

Bobbyh
Guest Contributor

I am considering adding the transom seat option to my 2013 330 Sundancer. Has anyone installed one of these? Anything I should be concerned about with the install? I love the storage I have back there but think the seat would be great at the dock and at anchor.  

6 REPLIES 6

BoardRoomII
Guest Contributor
I’ve got a factory installed transom seat and it is convenient when needed. It’s great at the dock and when people are swimming off the back of the boat. The biggest downside is the limited storage that results. If I had a choice, I’d remove the seat and get the extra storage space (but my wife really likes the seat!).

Bobbyh
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply. How much storage do you have left with the seat?

BoardRoomII
Guest Contributor
There is little space forward of the folded seat. There’s enough space under the seat for a hose, boat hook and a line or two. To the starboard side there’s room for a spare anchor and some line. Not enough space anywhere in that compartment to store things such as life jackets or fenders.

ncsrbc_org
Guest Contributor
i think the rumple seat and kenyon bbq are great features i took out some under the rear inside seat storage divider

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
We have the "rumble seat" as we call it. Have room for storage of the table and post, gear lube, oil, tank treatments, etc. small tackle box and a few fishing poles. Our deck brush and handle and extra "broom" attachment... on one side. The other side I can squeeze 4 tube floats and line ties. I'd like more room too, but we use the space wisely. The seat is well used and wouldn't trade it for the space.

Captain_Chris
Guest Contributor
I have a 2013 350 Sundancer. I love the rumble seat option too. Can I convert mine to the rumble seat? It has the storage compartment only now. Thanks