cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers (factory option) on bow...

Into_the_Mystic
Guest Contributor

Speakers (factory option) on bow sun pad rail.

Some boats have factory speakers mounted on bow sun pad rails like mine (2010 370).  Like others, mine weren't working when I bough the boat this year.  One was completely missing and the other was rusted out.  I also have the ipod dock with A-B switch in forward starboard cabinet.  It took a while to figure it all out, but I have it working now.  I replaced speakers with 4" Kicker pods.  They are a little bigger than the 3" and I got them in white (figuring chrome or stainless would eventually rust).  On the ipod connector, I bought a Cool Stream blue tooth - plugs right on it.  The power in the ipod connector charges battery in blue tooth.  The A-B switch works - didn't have to mess with it - just couldn't figure it out until I got the ipod bluetooth to work.  The switch will either direct sound to bow speakers from cabin stereo (setting A) or through ipod blue tooth (setting B).  The ipod output to speakers is boosted by a small amp behind panel in cabinet.  There was one there, but it wasn't putting anything out - light came on but only faint sound.  That amp is powered from accessory switch on  12v panel.  The wiring was already in place for everything (power and speakers).  So all I did was replace the amp and replace the speakers.  Now whoever is on bow can control their own music and volume through their phone (or listen to whatever is on cabin stereo (also has blue tooth adapter).  All in $300, sounds awesome!  Although the speakers are marine type, I'm getting sunbrella covers made to match the rest of the covers.  Thought I would post for anyone with similar issues trying to figure it out.  I tried to contact Sea Ray for schematics and they sent the same info that is in owners manual (Clarion stereo).  I have two Sony head units (one for cabin one for cockpit - each system has 4 amps)  and i have 3 remotes (forward cabin, helm and swim platform).  It is an awesome system!

1 REPLY 1

SamFisher
Guest Contributor
Just did a similar upgrade..JL audio six series with amp, fusion integration ..(my bow speakers had quit) very happy with the job. Speakers are backlit..can control bass / treble independently in all four zones YAY!!! And congratulations!