cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12V Outlet In Cabin Not Working...

Den
Guest Contributor

12V Outlet In Cabin Not Working - 2001 280 Sun Sport: Purchased boat used. The outlet in the cabin has no power. It is located below the microwave and above the refrigerator; next to the AC outlet. The other 12v outlet is at the helm and works fine. The breaker at the helm is not popped. The wiring diagram included in the Owner's Manual is of no use as it only shows one 12v outlet from the breaker. Have checked the outlet with a meter and it is not energized. As this outlet is next to the refrigerator which operates on both AC & DC, wondering if the problem is related to the refrigerator.

Anybody ever have this problem....? I'm sure how to locate the problem or fix it ?...HELP!      Dennis (Buffalo, NY)

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
Den, it sounds like the cabin DC outlet was added by a prior owner. When I modify my electrical systems, I either markup existing schematic pages, or I create new pages. The other VERY useful thing I always do is mark each end of every wire w/ the function and w/ the connection point for the other end of the wire.

My guess is that the PO did none of the above.

If all that is true then a brute force technique may be required, to manually retrace the wire to the origin. Ensure that the wire is properly routed, avoiding pinch points and other hazards. I like to enclose all my wires in split loom for protection and support throughout the length, w/ wire ties and cushioned Adel clamps. Ensure that the circuit is properly protected w/ an appropriate fuse or circuit breaker.

Stu11
Guest Contributor
Hi I don't know if this would help but have you tried putting the tv/receptacle switch on that's at the cabin main switch board. also the breaker will be under recept 15a. cheers