cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005, 220 select smart craft

pirate220
Guest Contributor

My sc alarm sounds with fault low oil pressure sensor when at about 2500+RPM. Doesn't do it at low RPM, and the analog gauge shows no issue, and boat runs fine at all RPMs. Where is this sensor, and anybody know the model # for correct replacement. This is a 2005 220 select 350 Magnum. The alarm beeps once or twice every few minutes but not constantly 

2 REPLIES 2

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

It is _probably_ 881879T11 Pressure Sensor Oil Pitot 0 - 100 PSI. Best thing to do is to get the engine serial and put that in to one of the Mercuiser parts sites (there are many) to confirm. The link below shows where this part is on the block (not recommending this site, but they do have the best lookup tools IMO).  You will also see its not cheap, I would maybe remove it and clean it first before going for a replacement. Also check the oil on the dipstick, any contaminants?

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/881879t11-sensor-pressure 

pirate220
Guest Contributor

Thanks CommanderB. That site was able to confirm that is the correct part number. Oil looks clean to me, changed in May 2023. Think I will just change sensor and see what happens, 18 years old, might as well replace.