cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 550 Sedan Bridge.... has anyone...

Donboy
Guest Contributor

2005 550 Sedan Bridge.... has anyone replaced TV’s in forward and mid cabin? How much cabinetry has to be removed? What did you put in 24”? What did you do with the new space? 

Picture would be great.... thank you

8 REPLIES 8

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
I needed to replace the TV in a 2000 46Da. I ended up smashing the TV into small pieces, it was easier than taking the cabinets apart. Be careful, even though it was unplugged, I got a shock from the capacitor.

Piranha_6
Guest Contributor
There is a thread for the 550/580. I found pdf's for how to remove the TV's in post #9 here: http://www.clubsearay.com/index.php?threads/58-sedan-bridge-official-thread.90211/

Piranha_6
Guest Contributor
FWIW the Sony Bravia 48 fits perfectly in the salon and we are going with either 28" or 32" in the master. 32" would require more repositioning of the Bose speakers.

Piranha_6
Guest Contributor
Update: Some 43" tv's do fit in the master. - but you must reposition the speakers. You could go above, but we are going to put them below in the area by the porthole.

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
The leftover space would be a cool spot for a drawer of sorts to hold bottles, glassware, etc., like a minibar.

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
I have a 500DA and want to do the same. Any pictures you can share would be appreciated

Piranha_6
Guest Contributor
We are installing a 43 Samsung QLED sometime in the next week. Will take pics.

Lor-E-Lei
Guest Contributor
Highly suggest looking at the www.clubsearay.com threads on this for 330’s and others there is a guy that will make a slide out wine/bar cabinet for behind the tv if you move to a flat screen. Tons of room.