cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 330 engine hatch breaker

BrianTTU
Guest Contributor
My engine hatch lift and anchor lift buttons are right next to each other.  While removing my anchor, I accidently pressed the engine hatch lift while 5-6 people were sitting on it.  I'm pretty positive I've tripped a fail safe breaker, but I can't locate the breaker.  The botton is non-responsive, and no noise comes from the 2 piston motors which lift it up.  Per lots of googling, I'm hearing the breaker is in the engine room, which is completely stupid because that would be the worst place possible.  So I'm forced to manually open it, which I hear is near impossible without a crew of people, but I can't reach the pin to disconnect the rods.  The access holes are in the aft seat storage compartment which means I can't get my full arm into the hole to feel around. 

I am also reading there is a way to plug in a DC 12v jump pack into the lighter which will bypass the breaker and allow me to raise the hatch.  Has anyone done this, and if yes, can you provide some type of instructions so I don't cause more problems than I started with?
1 REPLY 1

Casa_Mare
Guest Contributor
Hello, I don't have an answer to your question, however, I was wondering if you were able to resolve your issue.  Our breaker tripped while the hatch was open(thank goodness) so we are now looking into the possibility of installing a lift switch outside the engine room to avoid your scenario. We also have a 2008 330.