cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 38 Sundancer. Today alarm...

RandyB
Guest Contributor

2008 38 Sundancer. Today alarm came on vesselview that throttle not operating properly. Shut off engines and turned them back on......no alarm. 

later when rafting up to friends it happened again.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

tolatron
Guest Contributor
I had the same issue with my boat With Smartcraft it is a fly by wire shift mechanism. There is a sensor in at both ends. If it doesn't sense that shift to neutral in 3 seconds it gives the alarm. It can happen if you shift too slowly or if you are not completely in engaged.

Seatorn
Guest Contributor
I have the same 38, 2008 sundancer with the exact same problem. It’s been 2 years now and after diagnosing the engines 3 times I’m still left with the same problem. Please let me know if you have better luck than me.

Alcofrolic
Guest Contributor
I have the same '08 38DA with the same engines and have experienced the same issue on the starboard engine for 3 seasons. The sensor is built in to the throttle body and has to be replaced as a unit. I put a new throttle body on and all the alarms and codes went away.

RandyB
Guest Contributor
I have taken the advice to make shifts more deliberate and so far this has worked. Thanks to all for the input.