cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 SLX 280 Trim tab indicator

lakebum431
Guest Contributor

I have a 2018 SLX 280 that is new to me this season. Been great so far and I'm getting more and more comfortable with the huge amount of features that it has coming from a 2004 220 SD. This boat has the Dynamic Display (touch screen) so essentially all of the available information comes through that. There is a screen that has an indicator for the position of the trim tabs, but it does not indicate position. I do have the tabs and they do move when I manually push the buttons but I can't tell what position they are in. Is this supposed to work? Something I need to do in order to initiate/calibrate? 

Follow-up question. Are the trim tabs supposed to be adjusted automatically with the dynamic running surface on this model? It does not appear they are (which may be correct). I have all of the original documentation with the boat, but the manual leaves a LOT to be desired. Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have a 2016 and have the same tab system as yours. Unfortunately our set up does not have the sensors on the tabs.  I just got all the part numbers to automate both engine trim and trim tabs that will hook up to the screen. It was around 2500, I ordered the parts and can keep you posted on how the install goes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

The below is correct for 2016 model SLXs, I think its unchanged for 2018 models -

'Dymamic Running Surface' is the Sea Ray branding for the Lenco Autoglide system. It was a factory option, not on all boats.

If you have the conventional Lenco trim panel like this Lenco.jpg then you do not have dynamic running surface and the trim position will not show on the display (they are not connected to the NMEA 2000 network), only the indicators on that panel.

If you have this panel, LencoAutoglide.jpgthen you have dynamic running surface and you should just set it in auto and be done. With this one the trim position can be configured to show on the displays as the Autoglide controller is connected to the NEMA 2000 network. The configuration is buried in the settings, I can look that up if this is what you have.

My only reason to question my advice is that if the tabs arent on the network/arent configured then they normally dont display on the MFD, the graphics are not shown. So maybe I am very wrong....

lakebum431
Guest Contributor

So, mine doesn't look like either of those. I tried to find a pic online, but can't find one. I'll take a pic when I get to the lake this weekend and post it. There are two rocker switches that say bow up and bow down with no indicators on them and then there is a separate control over near the throttle that has options 1-5 as well as on and off buttons and turns off when I move the trim until I hit "on" again. I am not sure if it has anything to do with trim tabs too or just trim. As mentioned the dynamic display has a readout to show the trim tab position, but nothing registers.  I'll snap some pics and update.

I have a 2016 and have the same tab system as yours. Unfortunately our set up does not have the sensors on the tabs.  I just got all the part numbers to automate both engine trim and trim tabs that will hook up to the screen. It was around 2500, I ordered the parts and can keep you posted on how the install goes.

That would be awesome. Please let me know how it goes. I'm interested in doing the same!