cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

260 Sun Dancer (2000) - How to...

Darrell1963
Guest Contributor

260 Sun Dancer (2000) - How to remove portlight window screen assembly so I can put in new screen material?  Anyone ever do this?  I think I have to pull the inner frame and window to get access but I'm looking for advice.  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

MrB18
Guest Contributor
Hi Darrell, I had the same year 260 and found Bomar has slip in screens at a reasonable price with no tools required.

Darrell1963
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I will look into that. I did figure out that the screens are actually just part of the gasket and just stuck in place with adhesive on one side of the gasket into a groove on the window frame. Now I just need to find the right size replacements. Thanks again.

96_Sundance_330
Guest Contributor
Bomar can provide you wiith the updated, removable screen and gasket/seal assembly.. Easy to change out. Expect to pay around $50 per portlight.

BMK
Guest Contributor
I have a 2004 260. you wouldn't happen to know the Bomar part number for those portlight screen replacements. Bomar doesn't know.

Darrell1963
Guest Contributor
My research got me to BOMP100-04-RETRO. I have the parts on order and I should know by next week if this is the right number! I'll update this thread once I've verified.

Darrell1963
Guest Contributor
Ok, I have installed these replacement gaskets and they fit my 2000 260 perfectly. A couple items to note however: 1. Being new seals they are a little thicker and required me to adjust the latches so not so heavily preloaded. 2. The new screens are removable (which is nice) but when installed the screen plastic frame effectively make the opening a little smaller and the screens wrinkle some (still functions but doesn't look so great). I like that I now have removable screens but I wish they looked better when installed.

Darrell1963
Guest Contributor
Also note that after prying out the old gasket/screen it was clear that the original screens were molded and adhered to the fay surface of the gasket. In other words, not so easy to just replace the old screen material if I'd chosen to go that route instead. Happy with the new Bomar part (mostly).

BMK
Guest Contributor
Thank you! I ordered that part number. I appreciate the posts