cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

91’ 220 sundancer prop questions?!

Nautical_by_Nat
Guest Contributor
Hello all, (PROP FOR 91’ 220 sundancer 350 mag 4bbl carb with alpha gen 2 drive?????)
im trying to get the correct information for my vessel. Unfortunately my new to me 220 sundancer has to be Repowered,....AGAIN, first at 500 hrs(Hull good/orig engine died) by previous owner(then he put 80 hrs in 9 yrs and I bought after a THOROUGH inspection/baytest). Boat ran great all summer, then friend broke my prop (prep owner installed) and I put on a Silas at my friends suggest (can’t remebr pitch) but it turned the right WOT and still kept top speed (43-46/7) after prop change to (what I believe is correct) the engine died within 5 hrs( we believe due to engine carving valve/engine trails due to high load for first 100 hrs on it that when the load was corrected everything fell apart) Repowerinf agin  now by me at 650ish(hull still hard as rock and clean). Dropping engine in on weds 350 mag 4bbl carbeuereted and it’s linking back up to my alpha 1 gen 2 (1.50 I believe..?) I want to make sure we install the correct prop as unfortunately the previous prop was only allowing For 4200-4300 wot and I believe I killed the engine by driving under wrong load for the 50+ hours I put on after I bought from previous owner who repowered in 2010 and subsequently changed props to 4 blade unsure of pitch.   plus the previous owner changing props to get better hole shot but increasing load, engine which was 9 yrs old with only 80 hours when I purchased died after 1 season (1 dead cylinder turned 2 probabaly valves then when we drove to take it out to remove engine it finally catastrophic failed inundating oil with water . Just looking for confirmation on what prop I should be running and what are acceptable alternatives that won’t hurt engine. Thanks in advance!! 
0 REPLIES 0