cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on replacing the original...

Takin_Bets
Guest Contributor

Any ideas on replacing the original Raytheon Ray210 VHF radio?  The handset is shot and apparently the VHF is obsolete - Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
It is likely that the existing cutout is incompatible w/ replacement radios.

When mine was retired I selected the icom IC-M602 VHF. It has superior transmit and receive characteristics.

A thin starboard panel was fabricated to cover the existing holes and create new / different holes. A ST8001 autopilot control was also installed at the time.

A thick starboard panel was used as a structural component to mount the large E120 in the small inset opening.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/4467/37446834952_63d9c1bb52_c.jpg[/img]

Stewart
Guest Contributor
I have a used one I could sell you. Came out of my 2006 58 Sedan. My broker has it. His name is Tracy Green. You can reach him at 423-227-0659. It works great but I replaced all the electronics with Garmin. Had to completely redo the “dash”.

Islamoradamoon
Guest Contributor
Replaced mine with a RAY260 VHF RADIO that has a remote mike and speaker arrangement similar to the 210.

CRJ1
Guest Contributor
Wingless - am curious about your upgrade to the ST8001 autopilot. I have the ST7000 installed. Does the ST8001 provide additional capabilities?

wingless
Rising Contributor
When I upgraded my autopilot to the S2G I also swapped to the ST8001 control head and the wireless SmartController.

The S2G provides the business-end of the functionality, not hte control head. I haven't done a side by side of the ST8001 and the ST7000 differences.