Did you mean: 

Any suggestion on cleaning and...

Just_Chill_n_II
Guest Contributor

Any suggestion on cleaning and improving visability with eisinglass

11 REPLIES 11

KevinC
Guest Contributor
If you are just looking to clean and protect a product like 210 spray cleaner will do well. Wash with water first then spray on and wipe off with one soft towel and polish with a microfiber. For scratches they have a 210 scratch remover that is slightly more aggressive but deeper scratches will not come out. If the eisenglass is browning, burnt or brittle it is time to replace.

-Kevin

Twitch
Guest Contributor
We only use Imar products now. They have a cleaner and a polish. In the fall before storage we use both products. During the season, wash frequently with water and boat soap with microfiber head. Dry with microfiber towels. One treatment with the Imar products is good too.

Torrence_s_Tide
Guest Contributor
I use IMAR products as well. I recently tried a product called F-11 and it worked pretty well, I was impressed.

Lakebum
Guest Contributor
Wash both sides with mild soap and water, allow to dry. Spray on Maguire's 57, wipe with micro fiber cloth. Then buff with clean dry micro fiber cloth. Repeat other side. Best if you remove visors and place on a flat surface covered with towels.

Takin_Bets
Guest Contributor
Look into Marine 31 products. They have an eisinglass polisher and cleaner. I used it on my 31 year old eisinglass and it turned out great. They also have a video on Youtube that explains it all - Great product

Victorl402
Guest Contributor
imar, bought used 1999 searay 24sundeck with original canvas, meaning 20 year old glass. Used cleaner and polish..looks band new

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
Plexus is the best I’ve found.

Johnny_J
Guest Contributor
Plexus for sure!

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
Apparently Flitz as well but haven’t tried it.

Torrence_s_Tide
Guest Contributor
I have Plexus also.

B_Smith
Guest Contributor
Plexus