cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash Switches?

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

Does anyone know the make & model of the round stainless push button switches used on the dash of my 2016 350 SLX and many other boats? These are a 3/4" round with blue LED ring, some are latching on/off, some are momentary hold on.

I had assumed these were from Blue Sea Systems, who supply a lot of the electrical components (and have the same parent as Sea Ray) but they are not, or at least the currently available switches are different.

The installed switches have a domed top and the latching switches latch on in the up position, IE there is no visible difference between the on and off position. All the similar switches I have found, including those from Blue Sea and Apiele have a flat top and when latched on the button is recessed.

The reason for replacing is that the blue LED has failed, I'm assuming its easier to replace the switch than to disassemble the switch and replace the LED. But only if I can find matching switches!

Thanks in advance for any pointers

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

Why not post image(s) of the desired parts?

Yup, these switchesF90DA23A-AE44-4F1B-9D86-15DDE368E0AB.jpeg

wingless
Rising Contributor

It looks like these Blue Sea Systems push button switches.

wingless
Rising Contributor

Note that a flat versus domed actuator can be implemented by the manufacturer as a custom / special part, from Blue Sea Systems to Sea Ray.

If that happened here, then it is possible / likely that Blue Sea won't sell that special part to anyone except Sea Ray.

Examination of the markings on the switch body will provide greater insight on the part.

It is possible to contact Blue Sea Systems directly to ask about the switch.

If the objective is to have identical switches and if the Sea Ray parts department cannot provide a replacement for the broken switch, then a wholesale replacement of all the dash switches, from the original parts to the available Blue Sea Systems parts could attain that outcome.

wingless
Rising Contributor

If it is correct that this is a special version of the Blue Sea Systems switches, then the typical process is for the manufacturer's markings on the switch body to follow the standard and then include a suffix code representing that special version.

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

Thank you. I hadnt considered a custom switch, though the exact same domed switches are used on similar vintage Cobalt boats. The Blue Sea Systems switch is probably a newer version of the switch.

I will pull the switches over the winter and maybe I have to replace all to get the same look as you suggest.

Thanks for your help