cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gremlin alarm,   I have a 2014...

Jwalker2
Guest Contributor

Gremlin alarm,   I have a 2014 280 Sundancer with the 350 MAG. Last night, while on the hook and nothing else turned on but the radio I had a loud alarm go off.  The first check was the CO2 alarm  which was all clear. The only other thing I could think of was maybe a high water alarm, which after raising the deck and seeing no water in the bilge I dismissed. After turning off all the batteries and it still continued. After 10 minutes  The alarm shut off. What else am I missing on this Gremlin alarm,  thanks. JWalker

8 REPLIES 8

Vinster
Guest Contributor
I had a 270 Sundancer with a 350 mag. Excellent combo of boat and engine. I needed bigger so went to a 340 Sundancer with 8.1. Love it. As for your issue, 2 things to verify. Assume engine was not running, 1. Did you check the high water bilge pump in the cabin? If the shower sump bilge pump stops working, the water exits to the next bilge pump and you will get an alarm while it pumps out. 2, with your boat a 2014, the CO sensor is entering its end if life phase, programmed to beep at 4 years 11 months and will begin beeping more frequent until 5 years. Then it is supposed to beep in alarm until replaced.

Jwalker2
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply, I didn’t check the shower sump as we don’t use it. I am aware that I need to change the CO2 detector but I’m sure that didn’t cause this alarm. Still looking for this gremlin alarm that would sound with nothing running.

joefirm
Guest Contributor
Maybe anchor alarm? Were you drifting at all?

Seabuz
Guest Contributor
Hi jwalker2 was the alarm coming from the radio. The new AIS/GPS feature on them sometimes sets an alarm if it looses its gps fix. Check if that is it.

Valkyrieyachts
Guest Contributor
If it was the CO alarm, then it was a low battery. SeaRay has the CO monitors wired so that if your battery drops enough it will alarm. Turning the generator on fixes it quickly. Not sure this is the same, but thought I would throw it out there.

Korkie
Guest Contributor
With all batteries off, had to be Co2 or water alarm somewhere. Maybe check the shower sump - forward bilge area. Everything else should have shut down with turning off all batteries.

jafcobra24
Guest Contributor
Is your gear oil low? There is a sensor in the gear oil reservoir that will trigger the alarm (loud continuous high pitched tone) if the level is too low. It will be located at the front of the engine port side. It is crucial that you NOT run on low gear oil.

MariTime
Guest Contributor
Afternoon... I have a 2015 260SD with 350Mag, similar experience last year, two things discovered. First, with AC unit ON condensation dumps into shower sump... random alarm would go-off. Turned-out wire crimps in shower sump came undone. Made repairs all good. Secondly, the C02 alarm in cabin went into EOL mode early so replaced. The interesting thing here, is the MFG date was June 2016 and EOL was 2021 on the alarm. ...That's all I got to share, best.