cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HelloWe have a 1999 400 Sundancer...

Trudyblu
Guest Contributor

Hello

We have a 1999 400 Sundancer that had a large volume (an 1" or so) of water collected in the aft stateroom sunken floor area after we put her on blocks for the winter.  I don't believe it to be a leaking water tank but am curious if any of you have had or perhaps heard of a water migration issue similar to mine.  Please comment back; I'm at a loss...

Best

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

My guess is the problem is a rainwater leak, finding it's way to that dry bilge location.

The "easy" way to determine the problem source is a two-person operation, one w/ a garden hose, the other visually observing the mopped dry bilge.

Note that time must be extended from impinging water onto the suspected location to the eventual appearance in the dry bilge.

kimo
Guest Contributor
Agree usually is rainwater, water always finds lowest point to pool. Source cld be aways away from where u find it pooling. So It’s always a process of elimination until u find the source. Every boater has been thru this so you’re not alone, you need to ferret it out and eliminate it 1 x 1. Good luck. John.

SummR_R_Time
Guest Contributor
I had the same issue this spring. Not. Quite an inch but substantial. Check your. Water heater drip pan. Ours was full and overflowing into that area. Bottom of the Water tank had rotted out which is apparently common after 20 yrs.
Hope this helps, Bert