cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey all! I'm starting to fix up...

SS_Langer
Guest Contributor

Hey all!

I'm starting to fix up my 99 Sea Ray 180 BR. It took on some damage in Hurricane Matthew and I finally found a replacement windshield. (yes it took my that long to find one used) The carpet is shot, the seats and vinyl have seen better days and the vinyl dash is cracking pretty bad. I've been searching on tips to replace the carpet online as it seems all the videos are for pontoon or smaller john boats or they don't specify the size carpet they bought for the bowrider. I would like to change the color so i need to replace the inside walls of the cockpit and bow storage as well. After measuring everything it would seem that i need a 12'x12'  piece just so it goes up the side walls and i can keep it all one piece. All the videos i see, people keep the same color so they don't have to replace the side walls. Any tips or guidance is appreciated.

Id like to replace all the vinyl as well and am searching for a skin set so i can remove old vinyl and slip on new skin and . The closest I've gotten is on eBay but i cant seem to find my set. Anyone know where else I  should be searching? For the dash i plan on wrapping it in a waterproof outdoor vinyl sheet with a carbon fiber print. Ill fill in the cracks with some type of puddy so its all smooth and flush and then apply the vinyl sheet and adhere it on to give it a cool modern look. 

I'm new to all of this so be gentle if I'm out of line trying to take on such a task. I know since the boat is over 10 years old it gets very hard to find replacement parts. I learned that when I was searching for a windshield. I'm trying to do the best i can and not dump too much money into this boat since it will mostly only hold sentimental value rather than monetary value if and when I go to sell it. I don't mind putting in the manual labor though, that is in my budget. 

Thank you in advanced!

0 REPLIES 0