cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Searayers! I have an 06 Searay...

bwoeller
Guest Contributor

Hey Searayers!

I have an 06 Searay 320DA. The hatch over the bed has a broken arm, but I can't figure out how to replace it. The arm looks like it is riveted into the frame, but the frame looks like it glassed in...not able to take out. Anybody have a solution?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Tony_B
Guest Contributor
I have the same problem with the hatch arms, Did you get any responses or find a solution?

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
It looks to me like the attachment screw comes from the edge of the hatch. Open the hatch and see if there is a screw directly opposite of the attachment point.

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
It should have been a screw...unfortunately it is riveted in, and I can't get to the other side without completely removing the frame...which I really don't want to do. No-one has responded yet on a solution...

wingless
Rising Contributor
Can't the exposed part of the rivet be drilled out, the rivet body removed, a replacement rivet inserted, then the tool used to mushroom the back side?

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
Yeah, that was going to be my "plan B". I was hoping there was an easier way!

Roy_Bell
Guest Contributor
These are just gas shocks, all you need to do is wedge a screw driver between hind rod of shock and back side of door and pry out. The head of shock will pop off. Do the same at piston end. You can purchase same lifters at any auto supply store for around $10.-$15.

Roy_Bell
Guest Contributor
And to install the new shock(s) all you do is place end of piston onto the ball joint and press hard. The extend piston and do the same at bottom end. No other tools or drilling required.

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
That sounds a whole lot easier than digging out the window! I'll try that...thank you!