cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a 2000 38 AC with a...

Ken0714
Guest Contributor

Hi, I have a 2000 38 AC with a washer dryer combo. Washer works great, Dryer works but takes forever, Not much heat. Any suggestions? Thanks Ken

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
A good starting point is to measure / verify that the heater output matches the specs.

If I had a "not much heat" problem then I would use my DVM to measure the heater element(s) resistance and compare that to the specs. I would also measure the voltage at the dryer during operation. A lesser way is to use the panel meter.

If the voltage and load are both good, then verification that the air flow is good, both intake and exhaust. Ensure that all passages are free of crud, like lint.

Given_s_Pride
Guest Contributor
We had a similar problem on our 500DA. We checked everything but the lint filter. Once we cleaned that, and it had loaded up from towels, it worked perfectly again. It may be as simple an issue as was ours...

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
As stated, check the lint filter first, then you can check the volts going into the dryer.

Billo
Guest Contributor
As noted above, electric dryers are very simple machines. It’s either the heating element or the exhaust. If the clothes aren’t hot, it’s the element, if the clothes are hot, but still damp, it’s the vent. Good luck.

Hair
Guest Contributor
With the dryer running, check how much air is coming out of the vent on the side of the boat. Like others have said, check the vent line. Mine was clogged. Also, it's a fire hazard. Good luck.