cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe the quality issue is...

Bradeyedoc
Guest Contributor

I believe the quality issue is a more recent thing with SeaRay. I see many older boats on the water and in great shape and have spoken to many satisfied owners.  However more recent boats (at least last 3 years) the quality seems to have dropped off. Not sure when the company was bought by Brunswick, but wonder if the poor customer service and workmanship are related. I have also had many issues with fit fit and finish along with quality control with my boat. 

11 REPLIES 11

robertbunch
Guest Contributor
I tend to agree. I was excited to buy the wake boat that I did as I knew of SeaRay’s reputation. I had a sun deck with no issues and really solid fit and finish. Also to your point there are lots of SeaRay boats running around that still look and operate terrifically. The most disappointing thing about your thoughts above is that the quality and fit & finish have diminished at the same time that prices have risen significantly. It is the absolute norm to pay well over $100k now for a modest boat.

SD240
Guest Contributor
My Mechanic at Walkers which just got sold to One Water)said the same thing about my 2006 240sd, .

angelo
Guest Contributor
I have 2018 Slx 230 w with a ton of issue
Been trying to get the boat back from marine max for more then 9months any one else having issue with this boat

robertbunch
Guest Contributor
I have the same boat as you and have had just about every issue you can; from thrusters failing and needing to be repaired rebuilt, to trim function acting crazy and the boat throwing engine codes ( battery issue) ski locker not staying closed when hitting big waves, the screws to the seats coming loose, etc. many many more. I sent a long email to Searay on all of the issues. The marina has been great but the boat has been there more than I have used it.

angelo
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info I have all the same issue with boat being in dealer for repairs
Have you explored any legal actions against searay ?
I don’t think this is fair for boat owner to spend over 100k for a new boat and have so many issue
There obviously major issue with this boat I’m sure that is why they stop making it
I’m filing a complaint with better business bureau tomorrow I have been speaking to an attorney and if there’s enough people with the same issues he thinks he can start a class action lawsuit against them

robertbunch
Guest Contributor
I have thought about actually. My id is my email address. Will you email me directly on this one? Definitely want to learn more.

briansabatelli
Guest Contributor
It’s not unique to that model. I have a 2019 SPX 230 that’s had a ton of issues as well. Speakers humming. Screws and bolts falling out of everything. Latches breaking. Swim platform issues. Speedo hose disconnected. Gas tank fuel level sensor never connected. It’s like some kid slapped parts together on a Friday afternoon while he was drinking Miller lites

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
It is not just SR, but many boat builders. Quality is way off, boats are more complicated than ever, and that combination leads to severe disappointment in ownership.

SD240
Guest Contributor
Anything newer than 2017 ,owners are reporting problems

thierry_germain
Guest Contributor
Same boat and tons of issues... The last ones, GPS antena dead, radar dead, generator in default each time I want to use it, and ZERO help from the sea ray factory!

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
We have a 2014 and I can't even begin to tell you the issues we've had with ours... It started way sooner than 2017.