cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2000 27’ sundancer when...

Dendog
Guest Contributor

I have a 2000 27’ sundancer when I fuel up the fuel comes out all over the boat my brother has a newer model his it comes out the fuel vent to let you know to stop fueling thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
I listen real close as my tanks show they are getting close to Gull on the gauge.. when it says Full, I can add 5 more gallons. Saves me the headache. I have a 2000 380 DA, so your amount after full will be different.

You can also add these, you should have a vent for yours too, maybe it is clogged?

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=848503

Dendog
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info

Miguel
Guest Contributor
My 340 responds the same if I fuel at full nozzle open transfer rate.. Recommend, you transfer the fuel, from pump to tank, at a slower rate.

Midnight_Run
Guest Contributor
Don’t forget...the fuel is probably sitting cold in an underground tank and will expand when placing into your tank as it warms. I would recommend NOT filling your tank all the way full unless you are going to use 20 gallons right away? My .02

Dendog
Guest Contributor
That makes sense but seeing that I only have a 100 gallon tank and that 454 motor likes to suck it up I try to put in as much as I can so I don’t spend to much time at the fuel dock thanks for all the advice