cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2002 480my the bridge...

Nextchapterny
Guest Contributor

I have a 2002 480my the bridge leaks when raining on both sides I sealed all penetrations on hard top and it’s still leaking. Windshield appears to be sealed.

does anyone know of common places these boats leak from on the bridge? 

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Has the flexible black rubber screw channel cover been removed from the windshield base exterior?

If so, have the dozens of screw holes in that cavity been sealed?

When I did mine, each of the screws were removed, sealant injected into each hole, then the screw replaced.

BNS
Guest Contributor
I also have a 2002 480my with the same problem. We’ve sealed everything but still leaks!

Jayhawk
Guest Contributor
Where exactly does the water come in? I have a new to me 2003 and I think I am getting leaking I think is from the side window behind the windshield on the port side. Comes in on top on the platform area left of the salon door and also though an electrical penetration above master stateroom steps. I had to pull ceil panel off as water accumulated on top of it.

wingless
Rising Contributor
From Nextchapterny (added to topic by wingless for continuity)

Mine is coming in on both sides seems like windshield area and it runs back and pools up on the wet bar.

last year it seemed like it was leaking from the pillars behind helm on both side.

the vent window was also a good size leak but I changed the gasket with stick on automotive gasket from home depo that is no longer leaking.

apparently the my,s are know to leak in the bridge that’s the first thing my brother said wen he heard I was buying one. With all of us there’s got to be a way to figure this out.

if I have time im going to get into it in the next week or so.