cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2003, 550 Sundancer, looking...

Capt_
Guest Contributor

I have a 2003, 550 Sundancer, looking for an easy way to remove the washer/drying from the galley. any ideas??

Thanks, Joe

1 REPLY 1

Stardust
Guest Contributor
We have a 1995 550. If you have stairs the contain the washer dryer, this might work for you. Our stairs lifted up so they were 'fairly' easy to remove for the situation. We also removed the piece of flooring directly behind the stairs towards the salon. Then my husband and a dear friend of ours (both of them over the age of 70) made sure the washer dryer was disconnected and attached straps to secure the appliance. They lifted the appliance out of the 'hole' and laid it on the visquine plastic that we had laid down as a runner to protect the bamboo flooring we had recently installed. Pulled it out the door and wrangled it down our 6 step gang way. Then off to the recycling center in our friend's truck. We had already made that area a pantry and installed 3 freezer and 3 frig drawers where the bunk beds were. And then installed wire shelving on the walls for the 'small' stuff. He built me a large platform above the freezer/frig drawers which may become sliding at some future point in time but right now, contain plastic containers to store supplies that don't need refrigeration. Hope this helped.