cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 270 Sundancer that's in...

Aquatic
Guest Contributor

I have a 270 Sundancer that's in need of a new bimini top and I'm curious what the going rate is.  I'm not looking to replace the isinglass just a cover over the coskpit using the existing hardware.  I've gotten two quotes of $800 and $900 so far, seems high it's been awhile since I've replaced one.

Locke

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
The Marine Fabricators Association Time Standards Manual defines the standard time for marine canvas jobs. Here is a link to the 2010 document.

http://www.ifaijapan.com/secure/2010MF/marine_fabricator_january_february_2010_digital_editionul1.pdf

Vic
Guest Contributor
Check out greatlakesboattop.com

temrad
Guest Contributor
I'm with Vic, Great Lakes Boat top is a great canvas shop; I'd also recommend local upholstery shops. In major boating areas (Boston in our case) the majority of shops repair/replace boat canvas and vinyl. I had the isinglass replaced all around for under 300.

JimF
Guest Contributor
I just bought a new bimini top for my Sea Ray 260 Sundancer as the cost was 465.00 from Great Lakes Boat top.

Aquatic
Guest Contributor
I checked out Great Lakes website and it looked like a great option but turns out my boat was built in the Arizona plant and Great Lakes doesn't have the patterns for these boats. The prices I'm getting here locally to have a new top made are between $800-900. That $465 sounds a lot better.