cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new to me 2007 270 SLX...

Wakemup
Guest Contributor

I have a new to me 2007 270 SLX with a 496. It came from the factory with a indash Navman Tracker 5505 plotter.  I would like to upgrade to a more modern GPS/depth finder that will fit the cutout. So far I have not been able to find anything with the exact dimension of the Navman. Any suggestions??

16 REPLIES 16

wingless
Rising Contributor
The attached image is the dash of a 2007 270 SLX.

If the new / old cutout dimensions don't match and the existing cutout cannot be enlarged to work for the new w/o leaving gaps, then a replacement dash panel is the common solution.

FP Marine is a good source for OEM and reproduction PEM parts.

https://www.searay-parts.com/Sea-Ray-instrument-panels-s/842.htm

Wakemup
Guest Contributor
Thank you Wingless! That is exactly my dash configuration and as you can see there isn’t any extra space between the two outer gauges. That’s why I wondered if even a replacement panel would help. Thanks for the link. I think I will call them this week and maybe someone there can suggest a replacement unit that MIGHT fit the existing cut out.

wingless
Rising Contributor
You're welcome.

My assumption is the new MFD is too wide.

One option, that doesn't have outstanding visuals, would be to surface mount the new MFD, instead of the flush mount shown.

That would permit the MFD to slightly overlap the two gauges, partially obstructing some of the gauges, but that partial obstruction might result in little or no decrease in utility.

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
I have the same boat (2006) and I’m looking to do the same this fall/next spring.

Wakemup
Guest Contributor
Please let me know if you are able to find an obvious replacement. So far everything I have seen is too large for the cutout

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
I certainly will

Gio1957
Guest Contributor
Raymarine A65, 67 or 68 series

jgumpert27
Guest Contributor
Remove the gauges, replace the entire section with a Go 7 or 9 exs. With the correct adapters you’ll get all instruments on the display.

Any decent marina can glass in a new enclosure or make one out of smoked plexi.

Wakemup
Guest Contributor
Thank you! I will start doing some homework on this now and hopefully be ready to get this done when we winterize it.

JRM270slx
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 270 SLX and want to upgrade my Navman as well.. wondering what everyone ended up choosing to upgrade with.. Would like to see pic’s if you have them..

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
I also have a 2006 270 SLX I just replaced my Navman to a Go 7. I had a custom plate built and have an xtra one to cover the hole. The go 7 mounts in front and doesn’t block the gauges. You may have the plate for free just pay the shipping. Here’s my phone # 253-380-8997 Dan

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
Can’t get picture to upload so I could text it to you

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
It worked so tap on image!

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
For anyone needing a plate Souers Manufacturing is the best!

JRM270slx
Guest Contributor
I sent you a text