cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to remove the port and starboard...

Stu2
Guest Contributor

I need to remove the port and starboard rear coaming pieces so that I can service and repair the engine vent hoses. How do you remove the coaming pieces? Are they glued on? I can't feel or see any fasteners behind them. Thanks for your help.

Stuart in Miami

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
It only needs to be posted once...

This is the best image I could find for the engine vents on a 1993 270 Sundancer.

wingless
Rising Contributor
What is exposed when the interior trim is removed?

Stu2
Guest Contributor
Wingless,

Thank you for your quick response! Our configuration is different (see attached). I don’t know if a previous owner had glued our coaming on, but I can’t find any fasteners or place to remove it.

But your picture brought up a new question. When we purchased our boat, there was no transom mounted stern seat. Do you have any pictures of the hardware for that seat? Does yours fold up?

Thanks again for your help.

Stuart

wingless
Rising Contributor
Stuart,

Glad to help.

That is not my boat. I found an example on-line and linked those images. My boat is a totally different model, so my seat hardware is not applicable.

The images that you've referenced are not linked, please try again.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
Sorry that you couldn’t see the image. This should work. I think it is probably glued!

wingless
Rising Contributor
Cannot see image.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
this should do it, Wingless. Thanks!

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes, that image worked.

It looks like that upholstery panel is retained w/ Christmas tree fasteners. It looks like that panel can be pulled / pried off, then pushed back on when done. (Just a guess, so be careful)

My guess, based on the images I posted, is that removing the panel may reveal the interior showing the vent hose connection and that the vent hose routes horizontal to the rear corner, then down into the engine room.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out tomorrow.