cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a new 2018 SeaRay 290...

ediaz
Guest Contributor

I purchased a new 2018 SeaRay 290 SDX. Over the weekend the rope for the anchor windlass got jammed and now it is not working. I looked under the windlass for some kind of reset button but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can reset it assuming there is a safety switch? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes, there must be a fuse or probably a circuit breaker.

Check near the main battery switch. Isn't there a red push button circuit breaker w/ a number like 90 or 120 in the center?

Don't keep power applied to the windlass when it is stalled. It draws maximum current when stopped.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/44000000Pjiy/xZCeueyrWU1cDnit8IBIzWUpwEPQaGRtApVm1L5b5XE

Airwaves
Rising Contributor
And it can drain battery, if it has a separate one.

Dubi
Guest Contributor
In your breaker box you will find the breaker for it. It will look like it’s still on, it’s a mid-trip breaker does you need to move it to the off position and turn it back to the on position. After that, press to release the rope in to the water until the jam will be released.

ediaz
Guest Contributor
Thank you folks! I found the breaker near the battery. It was not by the windlass as my dealer was pointing me to. Cheers!