cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I might be one of the few...

robertbunch
Guest Contributor

I think I might be one of the few that purchased one of theses. I will say we had A LOT of issues the first year but the marina was great and resolved all the problems. It is a great boat. The bow and stern thrusters are game changers. 

Now I receive this from SeaRay. Anyone else on here in a similar situation? Love some thoughts 

Our records indicate that you own a 2017 230SLW.

Sea Ray® has recently received field reports concerning the rudder installation on the hull bottom of your model boat.  These reports indicated a failure occurred within the supporting fiberglass structure at the rudder. This type of failure could allow water to enter the vessel around the rudder post and it is possible that the vessel may take on water faster than the bilge pump can handle. 

Sea Ray is developing an engineering solution that will inspect and ensure the rudder installation is properly braced.  We will contact you and your dealer as soon as our solution is complete and validated. In the meantime, out of an abundance of caution, we recommend you discontinue the use of your boat. 

We at Sea Ray believe that communication to our customers is of the utmost importance and we are committed to continued quality support of our products.  When issues of this type occur, the goal of your dealer and Sea Ray is to inform you as quickly as possible.  

We value you as a customer and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions, please contact Sea Ray’s customer service department at 1-800-SRBOATS or [email protected] and we will be happy to walk you through next steps.

2 REPLIES 2

christopher_dec
Guest Contributor
Received the same message. We had issues 2 years ago where the rudder almost completely dropped out the bottom. Luckily a marina worker at the dry storage noticed, otherwise could have turned into a bad situation.

I’m assuming that is the issue being referenced. I would add checking the rudder to your list before launching.

robertbunch
Guest Contributor
Wow. Thank you for the reply! Will do