cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a replacement horn available...

MDM1
Guest Contributor

Is there a replacement horn available for my 2010 260 Sundeck? I hate the “electronic” version.

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
The first step is to remove that cover and determine the volume available at that location.

The fully functional horn the factory installed on my boat cannot be heard at the helm.

That horn was supplemented w/ these Kahlenberg D1 horns and this Kahlenberg 117 whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDvW2yyiKvU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5OpPA_GVig&feature=youtu.be

These are VERY handy after the fireworks display. After the finale I let everyone else toot their horns, then I let mine reverberate.

MDM1
Guest Contributor
Any recommendations on a website to look for options? I assume whatever I get needs to be able to fit into that opening unless I move it topside

Sous
Guest Contributor
Ongaro makes horns that fit and have much more of a horn sound rather than the game show buzzer.

MDM1
Guest Contributor
Thanks! I’ll check it out

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
It air horn 12 volt

MDM1
Guest Contributor
I’m sure it is

RaceCarRich
Guest Contributor
When looking for replacement horn for my ‘05 240SD, there was plenty of room but the limiting factor was the wiring. My factory horn circuit was 5 amps and most strong horns took much more. So unless I was going to run wires up to the bow, I was limited. I went with some mediocre horn that claimed around 6A if I recall. I gambled and used a 7.5A fuse and it’s been fine over a year. I figured a dead short would blow the fuse anyway and a horn is only intermittent use.

Paul_Scott_in_T
Guest Contributor
I have a 2009 230 SD and my horn is out too mine is a Sea Ray part no 1837054 and is a Fiamm 5190512 yours from the photo is the other one used for you year it is a 2000081 I’ve looked at alternatives but mine has a 4.5 inch distance between screw holes and all other horns I looked at were 4 in or less so I’ll stay with the OEM $33 from Amazon but one comment is all these horns have an adjustment screw that may change the tone - I hate the buzzer too,

MDM1
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info!