cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined this group three months...

Knotacare
Guest Contributor

Just joined this group three months ago and I’m really impressed with the knowledge of the SR family. Here’s a question for 420/440 DA 2004 - 2007: is it possible to access the underside of the integrated swim platform from inside the engine room? I want to mount dinghy davits (Hurley or other) and wonder if I can get in there to install backer plates for the mounting bolts. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and experience

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
There were not good images showing the rear of the engine compartment located online.

This image showing the hull indicates to me that interior access of the swim platform volume, through the engine compartment, must exist.

For example, those port side aft through hulls appear to be past where the rear of the hull would be w/o the integrated swim platform.

https://images.yachtworld.com/resize/1/84/73/7528473_20200901114747257_1_XLARGE.jpg

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
I agree. There must be access underneath which will make davit installation much easier. Problem for me is that boat is inside unheated storage and I can’t get power to open up the engine hatch (does anyone else think this is poor design?). Spring job.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
BTW, thanks wingless. Very helpful perspective changing comment and pic.

PETERW
Guest Contributor
I was able to get in underneath the integrated swim platform on my 2005 340 for backing and locknuts for my davit install. Was not easy but do able. Helps to be flexible and have long arms.

RAV
Guest Contributor
The molded swim platform is fully accessible from inside the engine compartment on your 44 DA

L550Castaway
Guest Contributor
It is accessible - I installed davits on my 44DA and did the same w. backing plates from underneath.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks to all who commented on my swim platform accessibility issue. My boat yard will be happy.