cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2000 380DA Sundancer has a SYSTEMS...

Burntundra
Guest Contributor

My 2000 380DA Sundancer has a SYSTEMS MONITOR That is old, tired and faded. I can’t read the screen. Where the heck can I find a replacement or maybe an updated model?

12 REPLIES 12

captsteve
Guest Contributor
same boat with same issue, had any luck in finding replacement

Slow_Ride
Guest Contributor
They don’t make them any more and I’ve never been able to find one. There is a post in club sea ray on how to replace the systems monitor with a matter on display - about $1200 if you are handy.

Slow_Ride
Guest Contributor
Sorry. iPhone auto-correct error. Maretron display.

captsteve
Guest Contributor
Thanks, I'll check that out

satisfied
Guest Contributor
Slow Ride. What did you use to interface the harness between the old unit and the new? did it plug right in? do you have a link to the post ?

Burntundra
Guest Contributor
The Maretron DSM 410 swap-out is not for the faint of heart. You better know what you are doing. I was hoping for a bolt on solution.
Here’s the link:
http://www.clubsearay.com/index.php?threads/how-to-replace-and-improve-the-sea-ray-systems-monitor.91270/

Burntundra
Guest Contributor
Thanks Slow Ride. Did you read the entire thread? Did it sound like the System Monitor signals were incorporated into the NMEA 2K network and would be sharable across systems?

Slow_Ride
Guest Contributor
Yes, and the data would be shareable across the entire network. The maretron DSM is needed to fill the hole in the dash. I’m not familiar with the layout of the 380, but on my 560 it would be easy since I have already converted all of my gauges to NMEA 2000. The sea ray monitor and wiring is already in the engine room, along with my NMEA 2000 backbone

Slow_Ride
Guest Contributor
You have to wonder why sea ray doesn’t offer replacements for the existing monitor display. There is a huge demand for them, and since all of their customers are having to go to third-party solutions, sea ray is losing out on a large income stream. Based on what I went through trying to replace my engine gauge package with the original keysor-medallion interface (US Electronics) for which sea ray was extremely helpful but ultimately unsuccessful, I have to believe they can no longer source the necessary components (who uses LCD anymore?).

Burntundra
Guest Contributor
I’m not sure I have a pic of the cockpit handy. The monitor head is on the starboard sidewall about knee hight next BNN to the captain’s wheel. I’m not sure easy is how I would classify what I saw. Did you have a contractor do this work??.

satisfied
Guest Contributor
Thanks burntundra!

Slow_Ride
Guest Contributor
The actual systems monitor is probably in your engine bay (mine is right behind/next to the generator). The coax cable in the picture is what goes to the display on your helm. All of the wiring terminations are at the "black box", this is where you would install your interfaces (if you have room), or just put in a terminal block if you need to mount the interface modules elsewhere. I have not done this upgrade yet myself, but I probably will. I did not use a contractor for the other work, It wasn't too difficult (as long as you have the original wiring diagram) and the programming was fairly easy.