cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to refasten 2 stantions on...

Buzz1
Guest Contributor

Need to refasten 2 stantions on my 33 Sundancer starboard rail at mid ship any suggestions on how to get to bolts underneath. Or is their a product that can be used from above that will hold them solid.

9 REPLIES 9

Charlie51
Guest Contributor
I have the same problem on a 40 Sundancer

wingless
Rising Contributor
All of the rail stanchion bolts on my 2000 380DA may be accessed by disassembly of the interior.

Note that in many places the interior disassembly is a very involved process.

Buzz1
Guest Contributor
I figured it wouldn't be easy

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
I'm not sure how hard they'll be to get to but it's doable. I helped a friend do his 1989 270 Sundancer and together he was up on deck and I worked inside we unbolted, removed and re-bedded all the deck hardware which cured most of his leaks. Go slow maybe you can drill some access holes out of sight?

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Definitely recommend rebidding them if you are going through all the trouble to gain access just to tighten them up. There is a good chance that the sealant is compromised already since the bolts are loosened up.

Buzz1
Guest Contributor
Yes planning on doing that hopefully I can make access holes out of site...Thanks

wingless
Rising Contributor
Access holes are not required.

Just disassemble the interior to permit access, like when the boat was built.

Buzz1
Guest Contributor
Hopefully I can just remove stereo cabinet to access boat under shrinkwrap for winter just getting game plan... thank's

Charlie51
Guest Contributor
In my case I would have to remove the whole port side cabinet and wet bar. I think I'll be drilling from underneath.