cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION ON DC MAIN ELECTRICAL...

Den
Guest Contributor

QUESTION ON DC MAIN ELECTRICAL PANEL …..New owner of a 2001 Sea Ray 280 SS:

I have noted that all the breaker rocker switches on the panel are locked in the “On” position. A picture is attached. I cannot flip the rocker switches to the off position. All systems seem to be working as intended. Have tried turning off both DC power (at battery switch) and AC Power but that does not allow the switches to operate.

Is there a reason that the rockers cannot be turned to the off position? Assuming this is not a normal condition, does anyone know of a fix to restore the rockers (breakers) to operate as intended?

Thanks much…Dennis (Buffalo, NY)

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes, all of those breakers are important to remain in the on position, except when really, really, really required to be turned off. These are the: CONTROL STATION MAIN (Helm); BILGE PUMP; EMERGENCY BILGE PUMP; SUMP PUMP and STEREO MEMORY.

The left side of the breaker has a small window. A jeweler's screwdriver will fit into that window to permit turning the breaker off. (I use an old cotter pin.)

Those are wired directly to the battery, so that turning off the batteries will not kill the bilge pumps or the stereo clock, all per the wiring diagram for the boat.

Den
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much. I appreciate your response & advice.

MazenK
Guest Contributor
use a small flat head screw driver to push the breaker. But as wingless said, they are all important.

Den
Guest Contributor
Understood and thanks for the follow up. Much appreciated.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
I'm not sure from the picture, but this looks like your secondary breaker panel. Generally would leave these all on, and use the breakers on the main panel in the cabin.