cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently have learned to enjoy...

Ren
Guest Contributor

Recently have learned to enjoy just setting a drift anchor out and slowly floating across the lake. Save a lot of gas that way. Have some questions.

1. If I put out my second drift anchor will I move even slower?
  2. Have small rips in the drift anchors,(2" -3") what is the best way to repair them?

Thanks in advance

Ren

13 REPLIES 13

wingless
Rising Contributor
A patch sewn over the rip, with the perimeter sewn and the patch flat to the torn fabric will be the strongest.

Use a large stitch, either straight lock stitch or full zig zag for maximum strength.

Ren
Guest Contributor
Are kits available

wingless
Rising Contributor
Check w/ the drift anchor manufacturer.

If it were mine, then I would use a scrap of similar material and use my commercial Juki DNU-1541S / Consew CSM550 sewing machine to effect the repair.

http://forum.sailrite.com/wingless-custom-enclosure_topic2801.html

Ren
Guest Contributor
Thanks again, do't have a commercial sewing machine so hand stitching will have to do. Good idea to check with the mfg, should have thought of that.

Drago
Rising Contributor
Get wax lacing line and use it to sew the repair. It should lock down well

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
A quality home sewing matching will do an occasional heavy stitch for a repair like this. Sailrite.com will have some sort of canvas that will for as a patch(depending on the size you need you might be able to get away with just buying a sample.

Ren
Guest Contributor
The tear is small, less than 2 inches. see photos. Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Small tears turn into big tears on items like drift socks/trolling bags.

Ren
Guest Contributor

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
If you want that to last, I would probably repair it, otherwise it will definitely spread over time.

Ren
Guest Contributor
thanks, will do. Keep looking for a repair kit but no luck. I may have to stitch it. Found Waxed LINEN lacing cord: 75ft roll RUG BRAIDING weaving quilting jewelry thread. Smallest roll I can find.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
I think good IV rated thread will do just fine. Something like V90 should do the trick. Your local fabric store will probably have that or something comparable to it. Here in MD is would be a place like Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Dubai2020
Guest Contributor
Hello I have 290 amberjack 2008 too just bye it from one month.