cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding Cabin Door Problem: 2001...

Den
Guest Contributor

Sliding Cabin Door Problem: 2001 Sea Ray 280 SS

The cabin door is very hard to open and close requiring significant force to do so. I have cleaned the exposed track and lubricated what I can reach with lithium grease. There does not appear to be anyway to adjsut it and I cannot get it to operate smoothly. Picture attached.

Questions:

1- Anybody had this problem and have a recommended approach to fix it?

2- How do you remove the door so I can to get at the interior parts and track?

Thanks

Dennis

5 REPLIES 5

marich
Guest Contributor
The wheel trucks that guide the door on the track have likely failed. You may be able to get to the front one by locating 2 screws on the top of the door. unscrewing them will release the truck. Flounderpounder.com carries replacements. With some creative sliding, you might be able access the rear one. The same holds true for the bottom wheel trucks.. if not, the panel that the door slides into has to come off. It means breaking the seal. If you're not skilled at this, the easiest approach is to stroke a check to a SeaRay Dealer.

marich
Guest Contributor
Sorry that is www.fpmarine.com

Andy
Guest Contributor
Our door is incredibly hard to open when it is cold (45...cold for San Francisco!). When it warms up, it moves smoothly again. Not sure if it is the same problem (it is the same type of door).

JDS
Guest Contributor
There are little round plastic balls under the door that the door actually rolls on. You have to remove the door to replace these. The console in front of the door must be removed to get full access to the door. I have yet to do this job but I have been reading many posts online about it.

waterboy
Guest Contributor
I had the same problem, sprayed silicone in both tracks it helped a lot.