Trim tabs on 2019 sdx don’t work, where is fuse

performancemary
Guest Contributor

Trim tabs on 2019 sdx don’t work . Why?

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Cannot tell from the partial wiring diagram included in the 270 SDX Owner's Manual, page 43 of 48, but there is probably an array of circuit breakers at the helm.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/440000000bS9/majwdSaPWR6PzNNmSXSPEngD5uE456WR7yKtoLvWnB0

Have those been examined and depressed to restore operation?

There may also be an additional circuit breaker panel closer to the batteries.

performancemary
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info. No breakers for the tabs by the battery. I suspect the breaker is on the back of the dash but it is very difficult to get back there. It’s a tight spot and hard to see.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The Owner's Manual shows about a dozen breakers, probably somewhere reasonably accessible near the helm.

performancemary
Guest Contributor
Will check it out.

guppydriver
Guest Contributor
Just did this myself on a 2021 SDX. It was an inline fuse behind the helm. Not that hard to access but a little difficult to identify. Trial and error mostly.

performancemary
Guest Contributor
In line fuse vs the blade type. Thanks

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
The fuse will be in the fuse panel behind the helm. It will be a 20 amp fuse, one of the few 20 amp fuses in the fuse arrangement. You likely caused the fuse to trip because you pressed the two trim tab buttons in opposite direction at the same time, one up and one down. That will blow the fuse every time.