cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are in the process of restoring...

Stu2
Guest Contributor

We are in the process of restoring a 1993 270 Sundancer. We have rebuilt almost everything on the vessel - mechanical, cosmetic, controls, canvas, etc, etc. Nothing on the boat worked when we purchased it. It is now back on the water and running well! Still a lot of minor and cosmetic repairs to do on the list.

We have 3 problems that we are unable to solve and need help! 

1. Bilge blower - was this vessel originally equipped with one or two blowers? We have 2 hoses but only 1 blower.

2. Under the driver's helm seat there is mention on an "ice drawer". What and where is it?

3. Our boat was originally equipped with a power converter. It is missing. Does anyone have a photograph or any information on the original converter? 

Any information or help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Stuart and Gail in Miami

8 REPLIES 8

wingless
Rising Contributor
The AC to DC power converter installed by Sea Ray on my 2000 380DA was a low-end battery charger.

When mine failed I replaced it with a Charles 5000SP charger. The design and construction of the Charles is superior to the OEM charger.

Select a high-quality charger to replace the missing unit.

Get the parts manual for that boat from Sea Ray. It will be helpful.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
Thanks for responding. Appreciate it.

Islndbwoy
Guest Contributor
I want to upgrade my throttles also as the original throttles are old and the foam on the handles are ripped up. Which throttles did you change to?

CSH
Guest Contributor
The Ice drawer would be in between the fold down seats on the back of the helm seat. It slides out.

Frenchy
Guest Contributor
One blower motor.
Go online to Sea Ray's website and lookup previous models by year. You can then download a PDF of your boat and get the specs on the converter

gayleforce
Guest Contributor
the power converter is a 3.5kw rating. i have a 96 270da this is for the 110 power supply it also acts as a battery charger when the generator is running.
\

Stu2
Guest Contributor
Gayleforce, what is the make and model of your converter?

gayleforce
Guest Contributor
I will need to look. have the boat parked at this moment. but i am sure any will do the actual part number is 566067 for the 25 amp. this is for shore power. 220v to 12vdc that said any will work try this one from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Powermania-Turbo-waterproof-battery-charger/dp/B00P9J24NI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470671494&sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=marine++220vac+to+12vdc+25+amp