cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1997 370AC System Monitor

54Rich
Guest Contributor

The switch on my system monitor is broken and now I have no alarms for anything.  Of course it's epoxy potted, so you can't get to any of it.  Knowing these are impossible to find, does anyone have a schematic or theory of operation for this?  I have to figure out how to get my alarms back.  

Thanks,

Rich

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

There are many options using current technology that are superior in many ways to that 25 year old solution.

Most of the boat / monitor interface is VERY simple, things like DC voltage measurement and switch open / closed.

As an example, for the bilge pump, is 12VDC provided for the motor to run, or not.

Another example, for engine oil pressure, the engine has a oil pressure transducer, wired to the helm gauge, to provide an analog running real-time oil pressure display. The engine also has a oil pressure switch that closes at low pressure, usually about 5 psi.

The old original OEM system has two boxes, one that interfaces to all the stuff on the boat, another that is a display, connected to the interface.

The replacement will be very similar, just using current technology.

The wiring diagram provided w/ my boat was insufficient to fully understand the System Monitor, so I made my own supplemental wiring diagram page.

54Rich
Guest Contributor

Thanks, I have all my analog gauges, was just hoping to get the audible alarms back.  Mainly if the gen set shuts down, I'd never hear it at the helm.  Thanks for the reply, car to share your wiring diagram?