cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are in the process of restoring...

Stu2
Guest Contributor

We are in the process of restoring a 1993 270 Sundancer. We have rebuilt almost everything on the vessel - mechanical, cosmetic, controls, canvas, etc, etc. Nothing on the boat worked when we purchased it. It is now back on the water and running well! Still a lot of minor and cosmetic repairs to do on the list.

We have 3 problems that we are unable to solve and need help! 

1. Bilge blower - was this vessel originally equipped with one or two blowers? We have 2 hoses but only 1 blower.

2. Under the driver's helm seat there is mention on an "ice drawer". What and where is it?

3. Our boat was originally equipped with a power converter. It is missing. Does anyone have a photograph or any information on the original converter? 

Any information or help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Stuart and Gail in Miami

6 REPLIES 6

wrvond
Guest Contributor
99% of all boats use a single blower. This blower draws fumes out of the engine bay and exhausts to atmosphere. This action draws fresh air in from outside through the other hose.

MikeSR270
Guest Contributor
Hi Stu, I have a 94' 270 Sundancer and mine is the same way, one hose in and the other out with the inline blower. Congrats on the boat!

Rob_s_boat
Guest Contributor
Re your ice drawer. On my 268 Sundance there is an ice drawer under the helm seat, but you access it from behind the seat back where it sits between the two 'jump'or folding seats. You can see it on the photo. It has a couple of drink holders on top.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
Thanks for getting back to us. We appreciate the information. Our boat is a 94 270, and the rear facing seat is one piece.

MikeSR270
Guest Contributor
Stu I have the same boat you do and mine is just storage underneath the aft facing helm seat. I thought i read somewhere once that it was for a cooler but doesnt seem big enough for one.

MikeSR270
Guest Contributor
In case you dont have it here is the owners manuel for the '94 270