cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwater Lights

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

Does anyone else have underwater lights on their boat? My husband and I love this feature on ours.

underwater-lights.jpg

I am a Brunswick employee.
7 REPLIES 7

Bdoran
Guest Contributor

When I can see them!  Local murky waters until I get out into the bay or offshore which is normally during the daylight hours!

David0913
Guest Contributor

I have a 380 Realm about to go into production.  Do those lights attract fish or just look cool?  Since they're LEDs I'm surprised you aren't able to change the color.

I haven't personally noticed them attracting any fish, but we don't do a lot of fishing at dark to really tell for sure. For me, I love having them when we get back late and are unloading the boat at the dock, or heading out before dawn - they really light the area up. And they're fun when you're docked up at a restaurant for dinner. 😎

I am a Brunswick employee.

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it. 

Bdoran
Guest Contributor

I do fish at night and no; they don't attract fish.  That said the blue ones on my Conquest do come in handy when arriving at my slip late in the evening or before heading out in the morning. A little bit more a degree of safety seeing exactly where the water is even with the spreader lights on.

While I'm not one that needs or wants the Kaleidoscope of lights that change colors to the beat of music being played, it would be nice to have the ability to change at least between blue, white and red.  The latter especially to save night vision and be able to see the fish you're hauling in if its after dusk.

With the BW website pushing the Realm as an entertainment platform moreso  than a fishing platform I'm surprised that the option isn't there for you to be able to select different colored lights to cycle as you want both interior to the boat with the UW lights.  Or does the Realm just have the blue LED courtesy lights like the 2017 Conquest?  I never use those; they get me all blurry eyed.  But I do use the red overhead lights a lot.  Much easier on the eyes and saves the night vision.

Congrats on your 38 Realm.  Beautiful boat!  When you're ready to make an even trade up to a 2017 345 Conquest; let me know! 🙂 

David0913
Guest Contributor

I was thinking about being able to change the underwater lights to green to attract fish.  I think I'll leave them off the order since they're an extra $10k and I doubt I'd use them very much if at all.

Not sure about the courtesy lights.  I think my current 320 Vantage has red so my guess is the Realm will too.

Thanks.  I'm very excited!  Ha!  I'll let you know. 

Depending on the type you select. Standard colours come White or Blue( Or Both). Many fisherman use the (RBGW) version which allow you to change the specturm of colours. GREEN is the typically seleceted option for fish attraction.