cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1984 18 Outrage which was bought by my friend as a demo in 1984.

Dennis
Guest Contributor

100_1091.JPGHe had a large Cruiser and this boat. It was always kept in his carpenter shop in Ohio until 2012 when I brought it to Florida. The boat was never in the water over night and still has all of its original cushions and canvass. Since I brought it to our home in Florda it has enjoyed staying in a A/C garage and still has all of its cushions and canvass in perfect condition and never in the water over night! We updated most of equipment gas lines, motor, steering, motor, twin onboard battery chargers, and trailer. Everywhere we go it gets a lot of thumbs up! The hull only required washing and a new coat of wax!

3 REPLIES 3

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

Looks pristine!

I am a Brunswick employee.

drolfe
Guest Contributor

It looks like you put a Mercury 4 stroke on your 18 footer. What horsepower is the Merc ?I have a 15' Sport and need a new motor and a marine guy wants to sell me a 340 lb 70 hp Suzuki four stroke. Boat was rated for 70 hp but that was before the day of four strokes and I'm thinking it's too much motor for my boat. Ideas?

Dennis
Guest Contributor

The 150 Mercury weighs between 45 -50 lbs more than the 150 Johnson that was on the boat. I also have both battery's mounted inside the CC for better weight distribution. The boat sets at it's original water line that was put on the boat at the dealer in 1984. It's all about weight distribution if you are concerned.