cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me how to adapt...

Andy
Guest Contributor

Can someone tell me how to adapt the CMD4 to connect to an iphone (to listen to Pandora, etc.)?

15 REPLIES 15

somefun
Guest Contributor
Google "iPod to iPhone adapters". There are a lot of things to choose from. I'm going to get an adapter for my phone too.

nanners
Guest Contributor
You can add a bluetooth adapter to the CMD4 through the jacks in the back. Tie-in the power source. We used the Exile marine bluetooth adapter. It's great. Then you are able to use any device. We had the fusion bluetooth adapter BUT devices had to be paired every time the engine was turned off and went to accessories mode. Now everyone can pair and play from wherever they are in the boat. Great addition!!!!! Found on Amazon.

Andy
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the leads! Appreciate the advice. The exile looks like the one--and it came up in the ipod to iphone adapter search, too.

Big_E
Guest Contributor
If you have a Sirius subscription you can connect through the Satellite function. Pandora needs cell data / wifi. Pandora plus supports off line listening? Use the aux function on the cmd4 and your phone connected unless you have Bluetooth capability

Andy
Guest Contributor
THanks fo the idea. Using Sirius is a good option, but I don't have the subscription. I just bought the exile and will see how she does!

Big_E
Guest Contributor
Alright good deal. I need to check out the exile as well. Enjoy

Andy
Guest Contributor
Nanners, Did you put the exbt4 behind the radio, or does it have to be outside, and if it is outside, any suggestions on how to make it look good?

nanners
Guest Contributor
It's tucked to the right of the radio inside of the radio compartment. We have not had any problems with it hampering the range. We have a 240 sundeck and we are able to access the bluetooth from anywhere in the boat. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Our boating days are done here in Chicago.

Andy
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info. Good to hear. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Andy
Guest Contributor
I installed the Exile, and it works great. But, I could only get output to the inside speakers. Even when I set the outside remote to Aux, nothing came out (although the radio works fine to outside speakers). Any idea how to get Aux to work outside?!?

nanners
Guest Contributor
Hmmmmmm. That's unusual. The bluetooth should not affect your outputs. We did not experience any problems like that. Maybe something jossled loose with the speaker connections? Bluetooth is input - speakers are output. Good luck. Let us know.......

Andy
Guest Contributor
It is strange because there is output for all selections (AM, FM, CD) except Aux. I'll post something when (?) I find the solution.

Andy
Guest Contributor
Another odd thing is that, even with all volume controls for the radio set to zero, and my iPhone at the lowest volume setting, the output is really loud. It was ok when I was trying it out Saturday afternoon, but at night, it is too loud. Wonder if there is a way to reboot the radio?

nanners
Guest Contributor
Wow Andy - we are at a loss on this. If you remove the exile, does everything return to normal? Our boat is in storage or we would be happy to troubleshoot this with you. It sounds like the opposite of what should be happening.

Andy
Guest Contributor
Well, fortunately it is not urgent! All the other radio, cd functions operate normally. I may try it with another smart phone to see how it reacts. If it is the same, I'll talk with Exile.