cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I always have about 1/2 inch of...

Andy
Guest Contributor

I always have about 1/2 inch of water in the bilge of our 2006 Searay 28 (two engines). It seems to be fresh water. Completely wiped all of it up and ran the engine, shower, galley sink, and did not see anything. However, it always seems to return.

One point is there are two 1 1/2 black hoses in the starboard engine side. One is from the bilge pump, but one leads from the stern back to the bilge pump area. It seems wet (and gross). Any idea what that one is for? It may be where the water is coming from.

The hose comes from the stern side of the engine, where I cannot fit....

3 REPLIES 3

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
Without seeing the exact hose, the hose could be coming from several pieces of equipment- however, the hose that is "wet and gross" is most likely the source of your water in bilge. 10 years in a salt environment (?) is not unusual for a hose to crack and have a slow leak

Andy
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion. Only 1 year in salt (9 in fresh). I guess I should try to squeeze back to see where that hose is coming from! Doubt it will help, but a picture of the hose in question (usually it lies on the floor, but here it is raised up a bit) is attached.

Andy
Guest Contributor
I just noticed in the bilge pump house routing picture, there are two hoses...maybe the gross one (which is not now connected to anything) needs to be attached to a pump!